Water Treatment Services in Pittsburgh
Whole-Home Water Filtration & Softener System Installations
If you want to improve the taste and quality of your home’s water, Matt Mertz Plumbing, Inc. offers water treatment system installations and repairs. Water treatment systems can eliminate or reduce common contaminants and chemicals that can be found in tap water.
Purchasing bottled water can be expensive, and water filtration pitchers only filter a little water at a time. A whole-home water treatment system ensures that all the water in your home, from your showers to your sinks to your washing machine, is of the best quality.
The Benefits of Treating Your Water
There are many reasons why you should consider a water treatment system for your home.
Water treatment systems can:
- Improve the safety of your water by eliminating contaminants such as lead, fluoride, and chlorine.
- Minimize dry skin, which is caused by the metals, fluoride, and chlorine found in your water.
- Reduce plumbing repairs by minimizing the damage done to your pipes by untreated water.
What Is Water Purification?
Water purification refers to the process of removing chemicals, pollutants, and other contaminants from your main water source in the house. While the city treats your water before it reaches your home, this isn’t a perfect method. While we trust our tap water to be clean, things like old infrastructures, eroding pipes, and other factors can contaminate it. That’s why water purification is so important.
How Do Water Filters Work?
Home water filtration is the last line of defense against contaminated water. While water filters come in many different shapes and sizes, the general process is often the same. Physical filtration provides barriers that certain particles from passing in the water, while chemical purification involves chemicals eliminating pollutants.
What are the different types of water filters?
- Reverse Osmosis: Reverse osmosis involves removing contaminants by passing tap water through a device where things like lead, mercury, and iron are removed from the water source and flushed away. This doesn’t help with solvents, pesticides, chlorine, and radon.
- Ion Exchange: Ion exchange filters come in handy to soften hard water. The process involves releasing ions like sodium into the water and exchanges them for unwanted ions (like heavy metals).
- Activated Carbon Filters: Carbon filters are great at trapping sediment and contaminants like lead. Chemicals like chlorine are also reduced because they have a reaction when they come in contact with carbon.
When Quality Matters, Trust Matt Mertz Plumbing
Interested in learning more about how a home water treatment system can benefit you and your family? Our friendly, informed team at Matt Mertz Plumbing, Inc. would love to talk with you further. Though we don’t sell water treatment systems, we can make recommendations and suggestions and when you’re ready to have one installed, we’ll be there to provide quality services.
Contact our Pittsburgh water treatment team today at (412) 365-4263! We proudly service Allegheny County and the surrounding areas.
Don't wait until the next day to get your plumbing issues addressed. The Matt Mertz is available around-the-clock to help you.
Family Owned & Operated
Our family-owned-and-operated company is committed to solving all of your plumbing problems including 24-hour plumbing problems.
From the moment you contact us until we complete your plumbing request, you will receive the highest quality services from a trusted, local plumbing company.
Quick Response Time
We work within your schedule and offer same day service, so you don’t have to wait for the other guy to fit you into their schedules.